How To Use Technology In Education, Advantages, And more
The Influence Of Technology On Education
Technology In Education Assessing the impact of technology in education and how it affects student learning in schools is not an easy task. Since the appearance of the internet and new technologies. There has been a true technological revolution in the classroom. Before pencil. Paper and books were the main protagonists, computers, tablets. And interactive technologies gained more and more ground.
Advantages Of Using Technology In Education According To Teachers
A study carry out by Samsung in 2016 among teachers on the use of technology in the classroom shows exciting conclusions about the benefits that the use of technology in education can have in schools.
84% of those survey perceive an increase in their students’ creativity and reasoning capacity. An improvement in their competence in transversal skills. And an increase in the students’ autonomy when learning. 74% of the participating teachers consider that the growing familiarity with ICTs helps students learn to make responsible use of new technologies. 92% also believe that using new technologies in the classroom improves students’ technical skills. Preparing them to function more quickly in an increasingly technological world.
Teacher And Students Are More Collaborative In Using Technology In Education
Among teachers. The opinion is expect that students more collaborative among themselves (82%), show a more significant effort to learn (79%) and understand the contents taught more efficiently (74%), thanks to the use of the new technologies. And 75% also perceive an improvement in the general climate of the classroom.
So three out of four teachers (77%) consider that the “digital backpack” for learning, replacing books with lessons in digital format that they can access through a computer or tablet already adopted by many educational institutions.
Some Other Advantages Of Introducing Technology In Classrooms Are:
- They allow more interactive and participatory learning. Favoring collaborative work in the classroom.
- It opens the possibility of learning at a distance and in different contexts.
- Allows greater flexibility of schedules.
- It allows students to maintain a more personalized rhythm to their needs.
- It is more easily adaptable to students with special needs.
Challenges Involve In The Use Of Technology In Education
Although technology can have a very positive impact if used correctly in schools. The implementation of its use brings with it some challenges that they have to face. Such a vital transformation has meant that from learning base on memory. We have move on to learning base on the abilities to search. Analyze and interpret information correctly. And also this translates into some new needs:
- The need to provide quality training to teachers to take advantage of technological resources and incorporate them into their classes.
- The importance of the educational center has a good enough internet connection to be used by multiple computers and devices simultaneously. This way, we will avoid frustration. And classes can be agile and effective.
- The significant financial outlay that the center has to make to incorporate new technologies in its classrooms is also an essential factor to consider.
- It is likely that we will find some resistance to change. Especially from more conservative sectors or less familiar with new technologies within the center’s staff or among the parents of the students.
- The introduction of technology in the classroom implies the need to learn to work as a team and in a more collaborative way. Something that students generally not used to and will require some learning time.
- When introducing technology in the classroom. A paradigm shift is necessary for the programmed contents and the evaluation systems since adapting them to the new reality will be require.
So although the advantages of introducing technology in schools can be significant. They must be accompanied by the necessary changes so that both students and teachers can get the most out of it.
Five Advantages Of Using Technology In Education:
When the new generations digital natives. Incorporating technology into education provides a series of benefits that help improve efficiency and productivity in the classroom and increase the interest of children and adolescents in academic activities.
- Share Knowledge. Social networks encourage students to express themselves and interact with other classmates. Social networks and Web 2.0 involve sharing points of view and discussing ideas, which helps students develop critical thinking.
- Broaden The Mind. Access to technology has allow children to be expose to things outside of their usual interests and broaden their minds. Thanks to the facility to share content. It is possible to take advantage of the network to provide students with educational materials such as electronic books. And also infographics, videos and tutorials. Another advantage of using technology in education is its flexibility and adaptability so that students can follow different rhythms in their learning. The most advantaged students can have additional content at their disposal. And those who need reinforcement can use support materials to reinforce what they learn in class.
- Bring The Fun Into The Classroom. The use of technology in the educational space allows more interactive tools that keep students’ attention more easily. And also students are more excited to learn.
- Applicable Education. In almost every job. You have to understand how technology works in the world of work. If students start using it from an early age. Then they will be better prepare for the future and will able to get better job opportunities.
- Scope Of The Information. Powerful search engines allow for an organize and easy way to find the answers students may need for assignments or projects. Response to any question found with a few clicks of the keys on a computer or smartphone.
Also Read: Educational Apps What Are Their Advantages?