Finances is a part of economics and business administration dedicated to the education of obtaining capital (that is, financing ) and the transactions that involve their investment and savings, considering the risk and uncertainty that this implies. Therefore, these types of capital (money and other forms of assets) are known as financial resources.
Financial studies are concerned with money management due to the type of decisions that the different economic go-betweens (the State, companies, or individuals) can take to achieve their resources better, making a bet on their multiplication and the serenity of their consistent objectives.
The world of investment, duty, business investment, and the stock market is part of the interests of finance.
The Formal Study Of Finance Is The Division Into Two Main Branches, According To Their Particular Focus:
- Corporate finance Assume the perspective of those who require funds or assets to invest, that is, those who need to create funds.
- The valuation of possessions. On the contrary, it assumes the viewpoint of someone who has the capital to advance and wants to do it in the most gainful means possible.
These twigs, in turn, are divided into a diverse set of areas of application of financial knowledge.
It can help you: Resources of a company
Finance Is Pigeon-Hole By The Following:
- They manage money and capital goods: banking and savings, investments ( bonds, stocks, etc.), loans, etc.
- As an area of knowledge, finance is complete between economics, administration and accounting.
- They manage vital concepts such as risk, benefit, interest rate, investment costs, etc., which describe the functioning of the world of money.
- And allow the improvement of money management for both public and private entities, both individuals or families, and large corporations.
- They trust the knowledge of other auxiliary disciplines, such as economics, accounting, statistics, and mathematics.
Types Of Finance
Finance can be secret into two significant branches: public and private finance, each taking an essential set of sub-branches or specialties.
- Private finance. Seek out the optimization of resource management in the case of remote or individual objects: SMEs, large corporations, families, or individuals. They cover the following areas:
- personal finance Those that have to do with personal money management: income, fixed expenses, decision-making regarding how to spend money, etc.
- Family finances. Understood the sum of the finances of the individuals who share a home and jointly face the expenses that this entails and make joint plans for the future.
- Business finance. That the have to do with the management of the assets of private companies or organizations, that is, their financing decisions, their investment methods, and their managerial decisions.
- Public finances. They involve the State or the public companies that the State administers and, therefore, are managed differently from the private ones. They cover the following areas:
- Fiscal policy. How a State collects and administers the taxes, it obtains from its citizens.
- Public spending. That has to do with how the State invests the money it administers and how much money it injects back into society in the form of jobs, purchases, etc.
- Public debt. If a state cannot cover its expenses and goes into debt with private sectors to keep the state apparatus running.
- Public budget. That has to do with the projections of future expenses that a State makes, taking into account its financial moment.
Importance Of Finances
Given the fundamental principle of any economy. Which is that the resources available in the world are finite, while the needs that we must cover with them are infinite. Or put another way: that money is not enough to do or have everything at once. The importance of a field of study such as finance is evident.
Finance allows individuals and organizations to play the game of capitalism in the best possible way. Obtain the necessary resources at the right time, and keep the economic machinery running.
Waste, lousy investment, administrative clutter, and poor decisions can lead a productive and helpful initiative to its downfall. Therefore, resource management is something that no one today can afford to ignore.
Differences Between Finance And Economics
Simply put, finance is a branch or sector of the vast world of economics. Therefore, both disciplines interrelate and affect each other.
However, economics has a much broader focus: it studies how production methods can satisfy human needs. Finance. Seen in this way, focuses solely on what is related to money. And especially in what is connected to industry and the business world.