Content Creation The internet is full of information, websites, advertising, and various content, so it is necessary to be clever in the techniques to attract the attention of a target audience. Within digital marketing, there are multiple strategies to get leads that become customers, and one way to do it is to create quality digital content.
Table of Contents
Upstart Wants To Be Constantly Shoot at With Ads
Every time they are on a social network or trying to find information in a search engine, which is why creating exciting content is a way to get potential customers to see you on their own. With the distribution of specific content, you give your target audience something to remain alert to instead of a generic ad that will ignore.
Content Creation Is The Development
products with informational value or entertainment purposes, such as blog texts, videos, graphics, infographics, podcasts, webinars, etc. The formats are varied, but they have in common that they present the information in an attractive and digestible way for the individuals to whom it is directed.
In a scenario where many people use programs or extensions in their browsers to get rid of Ads or completely distrust the information in advertisements, a content creation strategy is an answer to becoming a reliable source of information. And services.
The creation of digital content to distribute on various channels or platforms and attract users’ attention to turn to see a business or brand naturally. This is an essential part of the inbound marketing methodology.
A content strategy to succeed on the internet, hand in hand with SEO, is an essential part of a marketing plan that aims to organically increase traffic to a website and increase the number of leads in a database. In the same way, it will serve in an integral way for the nurturing of authorities and the generation of better sales.
On the other hand, generating content also serves other purposes besides educating the user, such as :
- Make a brand known.
- Explain a service or product.
- Promote the vision of a company.
- Create trust.
- Humanize the image of a brand.
The Content Creation Process
When you are raising a marketing strategy, it is a fact that you are going to create content to make yourself know; however, this action should not be done randomly or by an intuition of the marketing team. Creating content has a process that we must keep in mind, so that time and resources are not in vain. For this, we must:
- Before developing content, choosing the formats and distribution channels is necessary. It is essential to study all the aspects that influence what and how the contents will explain.
- This stage is short and long-term objectives of the strategy are defined, who they meant at, the publication calendar. And the keywords planned to be created.
- To begin with, we need to know two decisive factors that will help us define the other variables: the buyer persona and the buyer journey.
- In the case of the buyer persona —buyer profile— it is necessary because they are the potential customers who need or may be interested in consuming what you offer. They are the people for whom you are going to develop the content.
- When you know who you want to reach, you can define the means of distribution, as you can collect data on their behavior patterns, demographic location, character, problems, needs, and what platforms they use.
- When it comes to the buyer journey -or buyer’s journey, knowing at what stage of the purchase process your prospect is is a factor that will help you determine the specific problems they face.
- You need to create a series of different contents designed for all types of person buyers and the various stages of the journey: recognition, consideration, and decision (the closing of the sale). Not only to give answers at the right time but to educate them through the process and thus generate better sales.
- Something that can help you is to consider special dates such as Christmas, May 10, February 14 ( how to use February 14 in your digital marketing strategy ), among others, to have relevant content ideas for the month.
Now that we have the foundation for the content plan, we can start production. This stage is where you can display all your creativity to present the information or message in a way that is attractive to your buyers.
At this stage, to ensure a process without obstacles or problems, you can create a table in Excel or your company’s preferred tool, where the tasks and the process that content needs to go through from the draft to the revised version are give by date.
You still have the opportunity to develop main content from which key fragments are extract that can be transform into different formats to get the most out of it.
In The Direction Of Matter
After all the time developing the content, it is distributed on the different platforms you have select, depending on where the communities you are going to cover are located. These are primarily your website and social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Publishing content following a regular action plan is vital because that way, you don’t saturate with content in a couple of days and then run out of information to publish for weeks. This way, you have time to consume your content and generate engagement .
Choose the days and times of publication by reviewing your platforms in this way. You will know when most of your public is connect, which offers you better performance possibilities.
The work does not end when the contents are publish because you move analysis and measurement of the results, which is of the utmost importance. It helps us realize if the strategy we develop is working and the contents that establish connections with the person buyers.
It should remain noted that the KPI (key performance indicator) or performance indicators that you are going to measure must be clear from the moment you plan and determine the content that will be developed to check if the expectations chance.
This stage can also help you carry out an email marketing lead nurturing campaign. If you already know what content was well received and performed better with your target. These are the ones you should consider.
Types Of Digital Content
Within the internet. You can find a wide variety of content built and packaged in different formats. Which you can select depending on the purpose you need. To fulfill and the channel where you plan to publish it.
For example. If you want to rank your website. You can publish blog posts optimized for your keywords. But a graphic would be more attractive if you want engagement on your Facebook page.
Some Content Formats Are:
- blog posts.
- E books.
- Bulletin / Newsletter.
- Interactive infographics.
An example of content is the articles you find on this website or the podcast on Aloha. Where we explain digital marketing concepts week by week.